Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beware of Swiss Chard!

So it's time to make some juices and we picked up some Swiss Chard at the farm this weekend.  I mixed it with some carrots, red cabbage, green apples, ginger and lemon.  I used the whole bag of Swiss Chard.  Big Mistake!  I proceeded to drink a cup of my newly concocted juice!  AAAAHHHHHH!  Burn!!!!!  It was just horrible.  I couldn't figure out what I did wrong at first.  Maybe I put too much ginger?????  I had a piece of a leaf of Swiss chard on the counter so I take a bite and yup that's it!  Mustard, hot saucy, peppery taste. Oh my!  It was my first time juicing Swiss chard.  I look it up online juicingbook.com and learn that you should only use 1 ounce in an 8 ounce glass of juice.  It is very concentrated. It is also loaded with lots of nutrients and great for anemia, bones, eyes, and also a great antioxidant.  So back to the kitchen I go to make more juice and fix it.  Note to self.  Let's look up new vegetables before we juice them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment