- Turn off the light. Sometimes we leave so many lights on that we don't need. During the day I barely have any lights on. Make sure your curtains are pulled back and let the sunshine in!
- Visit your local library. One of my favorite places. It's a great place to spend some time and pick up a new read. Also donate books you no longer need.
- Have you changed those light bulbs yet? This was the first thing I did when I first started out. Probably the easiest to do. And you can find CFL's everywhere now.
- Are we recycling yet? I know sometimes it's easier to throw a box or can into the garbage can. But really it's a small extra effort to separate it and dispose of it ready for recycling.
- Take a walk. If you can walk or ride your bike instead of taking the car. Depends on where you are going I know. But we have some places we can walk to instead of taking the car. It will also be good for you. A double bonus!
- Talk to your kids about taking care of the earth and saving energy! Get them involved in recycling and shutting down light switches. Soon enough they will be doing it on their own.
- Visit the antique shops and yard sales this spring. Lot's of wonderful finds that can be reused from furniture, books, decor, etc. So many beautiful finds.
*Free Offer: Kindle and Nook currently have the following books for free downloads:
- Practically Green By Micaela Preston
Let me know what new thing you will start doing this earth day!