Friday, May 18, 2012

Bunny Trail Mix - Kid's Snack

I'm in charge of snacks for my daughter's next softball game.  The last mom in charge brought in refreshing mini fruit skewers.  It was a strawberry and a piece of pineapple and the girls just loved them as I'm sure all the parent's did too.  Which got me thinking what can I bring that will be healthier than cookies or cupcakes and with a dash of fun added in?  I wanted the girls to like them too, so I thought about the snacks my daughter loved most and I decided on the trail mix, a mixture of most of her favorites!   Putting in some of her favorite things like pretzels, cranberries, chocolate chips, etc.  Bunny will not eat from the trail mixes my hubby and I do, she tends to be on the picky side as kids often are.   So it was important to mix up her very own and you can do the same for your kids.  Bunny and I had a fun time creating this special batch of trail mix for her and her teammates.


Bunny Trail Mix
Makes 12 - 1 cup baggies

5 cups Mini Pretzels
1 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallow
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 cup Cranberries
3/4 cup Dark Chocolate covered plum bites
2 1/2 cups Annie's Cheddar Bunnies 

Mix well in large bowl.  Add 1 cup of mixture to each baggie.
The trick is to add more of the stuff you want your kids to eat like the pretzels, the cheddar bunnies and the cranberries.  The rest of the ingredients ends up being just a little bit in each bag.





Rufus with the finished trail mix treats :)

Other ideas for your trail mix:
  • Nuts
  • Raisins
  • Dried Fruit
  • Fruit Snacks
  • Whole Grain Goldfish Cracker
Leave out the nuts if making for a group of kids, in case there are nut allergies.


Please keep me posted on what trail mixes you come up with for your children! 

5 comments:

  1. Yum Jules that looks like something I would even eat...great job!!!!! I'm sure it was a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! the girls loved them...yay! And so did Hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I hear trail mix I always think of raisins and nuts:( I mixed Annie's bunnies, craisins and pretzels and J went bonkers! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'll eat this! Anytime. All of my favorite things. Great job. It's on my next shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved it too!!

    ReplyDelete